One test of the correctness of educational procedure is the happiness of the child.
— Dr. Maria Montessori
Registration Information for Montessori Children
Enrollment & Tuition, Emergency Contacts and Other Forms
Download all forms (PDF format)
(Enrollment & Tuition Agreement/Emergency & Consent Form/Additional Information/The Child’s Day)
Enrollment Registration Information (PDF format)
Food Allergy Policy (PDF format)
Covid Screening Questions (PDF format)
2020-21 Pricing (PDF format)
2020 School Supply List Covid-19 (PDF format)
2020 Covid-19 Protocols (PDF format)
Our Enrollment Policies
Our tuition is a yearly fee, broken down over 10 months (Sept. – June). Enrollment is based on a 10-month program September to June. We do not offer month to month programs.
- Enrollment agreement requires a yearly $60 registration fee and one (1) month deposit to ensure your child’s placement for 10 months (September – June) which is non-refundable.
This deposit will be applied to the last month (June) enrollment.
- Tuition is due on the first school day of each month beginning Sept. to avoid $30 a week late fee.
- In the event a child is withdrawn from the school during our 10 month agreement the deposit is forfeited. No refunds.
- We offer several discounts. Only one discount offer to a family.
- If you would like to pay the year in advance we offer a 10% discount Sept.–June 10 month agreement (no refunds for this offer). This offer expires the 2nd week of July.
- We offer 5% discount paying 2nd half of the year Jan – June. This offer expires 2nd week in Dec.
- We offer discounts for families with more than one child enrolled at our center. The discount is 10% off the second child’s tuition rate and 5% for any children after (attending at the same time). Sharon will let you know what the discount is and the amount of your monthly tuition.
- If the need should arise to drop in for an extra day in either the AM or PM program the cost is $30 per day to be paid that day. This is based on availability. Please ask in advance.
- If the need should arise for early drop off the cost is $7 per half hour. Please make arrangements in advance so we can check teacher’s availability.
- Developmentally, we do suggest for our preschool children to attend consecutive days. Depending on your schedule, we will make exceptions.
- Montessori Children will accept children between the ages of 2 1/2 to 5 years.
- No child shall be denied enrollment based on race, creed, or color.
- Diapers are accepted, but please note due to Covid-19 we will not check diaper as our usual practice. We will address as needed saturated or soiled diapers. We will aid any child who has had an accident. The teacher will wear a face shield and gloves when changing diapers or clothes for everyone’s protection.
- Late pick up fee is $10 per every 15 minutes.
- Sorry, we do not offer make-up days. There will not be any allowances, credits, refunds or make up days for vacations, illness or inclement weather.
Get in touch!
Tour our preschool, meet our staff, understand our programs, schedule, and tuition. For any questions regarding our registration process or policies, contact us at 631-997-3111 or email@example.com.
Schedule a Tour
A visit is the only way to really find out whether a school is right for you. Contact us today to request a tour and to receive information about our program and special events.
Our Morning Program Hours:
9:30am – 12:00pm
Monday to Friday
Our Afternoon Program Hours:
12:00pm – 2:00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
Visit Montessori Children of Port Jefferson!
Call 631-997-3111 to arrange a tour of our school anytime during regular operating hours.